9-30-2013
Last p-day after emailing we had to drive clear out to the mission office to pick up Elder Gressier’s white shirts, because he's only had 3 since the beginning of his MTC stay in Mexico, so that took a while. But that same night I started an exchange with elder Coles (who upon review of the pictures I sent is yes, benching a door) and it was super funny because on this exchange with Elder Coles we got a call on his phone from the mission office, he picks it up like what the heck, then hands it to me "its for you" I was confused as to why people would be reaching me from the mission office so urgently that they found out where I was and called Elder Coles’ phone, but then when I said hello, I found the friendly voice of Sister Cahill on the other end wondering how I was, and then moving into to a series of FBI questioning to find out why I didn't email on Monday ha-ha! It was absolutely hilarious, especially because I had already realized the mistake and sent you all the letter stating such. That was really funny.
Also this last week we had a lesson set up with Isamar at like 8, but 15 minutes beforehand she texted us saying hey there’s lots of people and noise here. We just went over anyway, and found her, with 4 other 20 yr old ish girls playing on her keyboard and singing a bunch on worship songs from the Christian church that they go to and the only reason this was troubling is because Isamar didn't come to church but was at theirs this last Sunday, afterwards saying I like their church I think its nice too. So without any malice showing we/I played the keyboard with them, and they sang/played a song for us, which was nice, and then I played a couple hymns in between other songs. THEN I realized that I had my backpack on me, which inside of it had a couple sheets of music in it, which I haven’t gotten around to learning, but I pulled one out ( I am a child of God) and asked the girl if she could play it. She said oh ya totally, but then after looking at it and me explaining it was a different rendition of the original, she said well what key is the original in? I said well let me pull out my handy dandy mini hymn book! and played the melody of the first line. ( I knew I shoulda done it when grandma said to learn that whole song, fortunately I knew enough) then out of nowhere Isamar had found it on her I pod and plugged it into the stereo, and Elder Julius and I sang to it in Spanish while it played. Ha-Ha! Game, set, match, they all loved it and we had a winner. So sweet.
And we also had to drive to Everett this week to fill out some paperwork for Elder Julius because they needed to send it to Missouri where he is going this Wednesday. So that was a long drive too. I’ve had enough of this doctor visit nonsense.
That was right before we had planned with an investigator and her husband and his co-workers to play soccer, but then nobody showed up! I was a little bit upset, however, directly following what was to be our soccer game we had the weekly activity of volleyball night, which was super fun and full of Spanish people.
This last Saturday we had planned to go over into woods creek, a part of our area that doesn't get seen a lot because its clear out in the boonies and there’s tons of space between Hispanics. Like a 5 or more minute drive between Hispanics. But we went out there, and it was like no luck, no luck, no luck, no ones home no luck. Then we pulled up the last one on my gps, and it took us down a dirt road and out and around up and down, then we made it to this little farm deal, and found the place we were looking for CLEAR out there in a trailer. Knocked on it, and this lady named Petra answered. she’s catholic, but loves to learn about God from all sources, so we talked about the BOM and invited her to read a chapter, and we talked about living prophets, she liked that. Then we were like WAIT! Today is the general women’s broadcast! So we got her digits and she told us to call in a few minutes when we knew what time. so we called a member, who said they’d be glad to give her a ride, and that it was at 6, so we told her information, and said to give her a call. Unfortunately that night with the women’s broadcast didn't go through because she couldn't get a hold of her, but it was still a sweet lesson! We ended up going straight from there to a families house for dinner and his birthday, who invited us last week when we met them on the street in front of their house. They fed us some great pasole! We left straight from there over to the Reyes home because their other son just got home from his mission in Chile! They were having a party and a lot of food, so they gave us some papusas and more and more food. Then Elder Gressier said we have to tell them we have to go, because I think i’m going to throw up from all this food! So we said our goodbye's and when trying to get our shoes on one of the members runs over to us and hands us these paper plates of a big ole slice of cake each! ha-ha You should have seen his face. I just smiling took them, walked outside, and said get used to it. He gave his cake to Elder Julius to eat.
Love Elder Phillips
No comments:
Post a Comment