11-12-13
Well Folks,
Quite a few interesting things happened this last week. Starting out though, is interviews with president. I don't know how I can explain how wonderful it is to have 15 minutes to go straight to him as President and find out exactly what it is that he wants, or sees, or feels, or advice he would like to give. Now I know this is no substitute for going straight to the top through prayer like we know we can, but it truly is super awesome!
In other AWSOME news that is just in. DAVID A BEDNAR IS COMING TO TOWN!!!!!!! Ya that’s what’s up, you’re all jealous. A week from this Saturday is what I heard, and were going to go listen to him as a mission. I’m SO PUMPED!
This last Friday we were able to get done a little bit of less active work with Ethan Gonzales, 15 years old, with the help of Zeni Reyes and his cousin. Along with a couple other members. We played basketball. OH YA! I love it so much, and what’s better, is that Ethan loved it! AND, Ethan came to church last Sunday too! So sweet. I also found out that the 60+ year old Brother Sotelo can make it rain from distance jaja!
I’ll be honest though. I think the absolute best part of this last week, was getting to church after having worked our tails off all week, and seeing that Isamar came! and that the other Elders that I love working in our branch had Brenda come, and Luna, and Esperanza and her mom Esperanza come!!! It was wonderful to see that even if we can't directly see the fruits from our labors, which really bites sometimes, we are still able to see our branch grow and grow. I hope that they can continue to catch the spirit of missionary work, because it is the Lord's work. As our Mission President stated and I repeat with force that I am more sure of this restored gospel than of gravity. I know it holds true all the time every time, but I never really know when i’m going to accidentally drop the keys just to see them float there jaja.
It was really cool because we were able to make it to cottage meeting with Isamar at the mission home this last Sunday, and Brenda came too with the other 2 Elders. After the fact we were all super excited and pumped to go get some stuff done, especially Isamar; I was so happy to see the renewed drive to take baby steps no matter how insignificant they seemed.
Yesterday for p-day, since we couldn't email, Elder Wagner had gotten permission for us to go out to the Lynwood mall, and we were there with their investigator Brenda, and the recent convert who spoke in cottage meeting Hadid. He got us some lunch. His story is super crazy cool though. On Sept. 11 he had decided to take the day off; he worked at the pentagon and he grew up as a Jehovah’s Witness. After a lot of trials and crap given to him from his lifelong friends he was able to make the decision to be baptized. He's super awesome. But after going to the mall, Elder Gressier and I ran over to the high school again to play some soccer on their turf. We don't know how much longer we will be together and be able to play, but we do know that the weather won’t be not raining for very long either. It was just absolutely a great cap of to a great ending of the week.
Love Elder Phillips
No comments:
Post a Comment