Querido Familia, 12-30-2013
I cannot thank you all enough for the love and support and cards I have gotten during this Christmas season, it really is the best. Had a great time talking with the immediate fam for a little while. Merry Christmas to all you I missed, and thanks again for all the thanking I missed.
Anyway, this past week has been the absolute best! P-day was Monday. Then on Tuesday we had Angie Sandoval's baptismal interview. Passed!!! Then went on a little mini exchange with the zone leaders, but then we had to be in at 6:00 Christmas Eve, unless we were caroling with a member ride. We weren't and that night we got an awesome text from the Mission President "Merry Christmas, set you alarms to 7:30" ya!!!!!!! That was awesome! We had an awesome little Christmas, and handed out a few little things of our own to some investigators and members and such. You could say it was the coolest funniest thing ever.
Other than that, this last week we had the highlight of the year, and a great Christmas present. On the 28th Angie got baptized!!! and she even asked me to do it. It was all a little bit crazy because while we were there filling up the font, it was mostly full, then started blasting this freezing cold water! We can't have that now can we; but there wasn't really enough time to fix it. So we got a couple tips, and started draining it so that when we put in more hot it wouldn't overfill. Well, with all the water flowing out with a bunch of pressure, we couldn't get it to plug again! So basically it drained all the way, and we had to fill it up all the way again! But it did the same thing as last time and started getting super cold, but there was no time left to redo it again. Well, it was just standing water at 65 degrees or less. Yep, but you know what they say right? That’s life. Anyway, the baptism went really, really awesome, most especially because her mom was there and she could really feel the spirit of everything. I just hope that Angie’s example for her helps her take steps of her own too. When I came out of the dressing room I walked out on a great scene of just the two of them frozen in time with a hug and a few tears, super heart warming.
The following day, in sacrament meeting, we were all able to participate as she was confirmed a member of the church and given the gift of the Holy Ghost. That was absolutely amazing. Brother Sotelo was acting as voice and gave a wonderful blessing. It was in that time that I could really feel the love of the Lord for each of us, and for her especially as she took that step forward and at that point in time as well her mom was overcome by tears and received a lot of help from the sisters of the branch. Its amazing to see the support that she has received from the branch and I really believe that she is now going to start pressing forward in the work of her own salvation as well, so that that family can be united for eternity. I can already see it coming.
So now here I am with the computer again on the email and I have a little one on one basketball game to get to in a could hours due to some happenings last night as we stopped and talked with a bunch of guys chilling/drinking/smoking in the corner of an apartment complex. We'll just say I may or may not have a challenge on my hands. We shall see. But after that, its just saying goodbye to some more people here, packing my stuff, and tomorrow I leave for Marysville because I just got called last week as a Zone Leader and to head over there. New year, New area, New companion, New responsibility, Same True Gospel. I know it!
Love Elder Phillips
No comments:
Post a Comment