Dear family, 6-23-2014
What an interesting and mind blowing week!
So I don't know what you all already know, but i'm still serving here in Mt. Vernon Washington. My home boy from the MTC just got put back here again, so now i'm serving with Elder Cottle from Las Vegas! But there's a few more twists than just that. At transfers we learned that he and I are going to be the zone leaders over the now only one Spanish zone. So that means we have responsibility over all the Spanish missionaries in the mission. All the mission! This transfer is going to be way interesting and fun making trips all over the place! From Lynwood to Canada ha-ha.
Holy smokes, I’ve already learned a ton from Elder Cottle too! I just love how relaxed and upbeat he is when he talks with people. Just makes everything so much more lively and fun.
We learned a little bit more about setting goals, making good (and written) plans, and then getting down and dirty to accomplish them this week. Last night as we prayed we knew we needed 2 people at church, but we only had 1 set one coming, and 1 more person with a date. We promised to work our tails off, but acknowledged our complete inability to accomplish this task on our own. Sunday morning got filled up real quick with meetings, and we didn't even make the time for any phone calls we were so rushed, but then walking into gospel principles class we found Jessica sitting there with her mom, who we had just taught the night before. Including Jessica’s son we had 2 people at church. After church the only thing we did was try to get in with those that we knew had the immediate potential to receive a date, but then as our time came to a halt there was still no one else who had a baptismal date. I guess we just learned a little bit about "what is the best thing I can do right now" and also how at the end of the day, if you've done all you can do, you will feel satisfied. So that's how we felt.
There's definitely more to be learned and way more miracles to be seen, but I appreciate your thoughts and prayers and the tender mercies of the Lord that are poured out upon the missionaries of the Washington Everett Mission.
Love you!
Elder Phillips
No comments:
Post a Comment