Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18th,

Ok so first day out here, sick! That night after we got out of meetings with the pres. I ate dinner at an investigators house, real Mexican food! Ha-ha.
Then. Second day. Baptism! Family of four all getting baptized! Ah so sick. Then that night. Ate with a member. Mexican food!

K so my first door? #50 pretty easy number to remember. No one answered ha-ha. But when they do answer it’s like super scary cuz sometimes there just rattling off some crazy Spanish that I have no idea what means ha-ha, oh my word it’s crazy. We’ve done a bit more door knocking, and in doing so my third day (after a lunch with a member) we knock on the door of someone who was a potential.
 
The first Saturday I’ve been here we had another baptism by my companion the man! And then had a little get together deal afterward. Sunday was just nuts, I felt so tired after church and everything, and I’ve gotten crazy exhausted in some of the lessons, cuz it’s like these crazy people just start running circles around your head in Spanish and you have no idea WHATS going on. 
Sunday was the first day I didn’t eat with anyone, but we had dinner luncheon thing after church cuz there was leftovers from the baptism ha-ha. The Mexicans just like to party ha-ha.
Oh! I placed a BOM today on p day walking out the store
 
 we almost got into a bit of a bash, but fortunately neither of us were hotheaded. We saw this guy walking along picking up his mail. So we tried to talk to him and he was just like. What religion are you guys?! We were like some people call us the Mormons. N he goes, see the problem I have with you guys, is you called God imperfect! ... What? Ha-ha we were like what do you mean? Then he whipped out how we added onto the end of the bible or something like that in revelations where it says anyone who does will be damned or something, I dun no, but then we quickly tried to simply answer and put to rest his issue with that, with my companion doing most of the talking. But he just shook his finger and gave us some more wacky comments and walked off. We told him god loved him, and to have a wonderful day ha-ha. Oh well.
 
Also great to hear about all the new awesome mission calls. That’s just awesome. As for right now and always I’m just loving it out here. You know the rain is like crazy mild most of the time, just its doing it, most of the time! Ha-ha definitely didn't need anything out of the ordinary. Fortunately for me, my companion wants to get fit coming in these last few months for him. So we get to exercise every morning, and go for a run n stuff, which I like a lot. We don't have time for a long run though, so this morning I thought I would be an idiot and run with the two 12 pound dumbbells we have. And well it was really like a dumbbell running with dumbbells ha-ha that sucked, it was like I couldn't swing my arms or do anything, I just looked like a handicapped paralyzed arm person running around on the street ha-ha. I still haven’t got any new shoes yet either, so I’ve just been using my b-ball ones for now.

Anyway, thanks a ton for all the prayers and the letters that were here when I first got here ha-ha. Hopefully everything is well back in good ole Riverton. Best of luck to ya all. Hopefully you were able to follow that madness ha-ha

 Elder Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment