Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Stinkin' Crazy Week!

Man it has been one stinkin crazy week.
Let me tell you about it.
It starts like this; the day after p-day, Tuesday, we had a small issue. Elder Rayburn got sent to the hospital. See now, my companion in the district leader so he's the one that has to do what he can to take care of it.
So we were driving back from a zone conference that we had ( that Elder Caruso and Rayburn missed, obviously, but it was super good btw) and we get this call from Sister Wilson telling us that we have to go over and bring some stuff to them in the hospital.
So we head that way, and show up at the hospital room and President and Sister Wilson are already there talking to Elder Rayburn about what’s gonna go down and what not. We walk in and they tell us that Elder Caruso is going to go with us while Elder Rayburn is in the hospital.
Soooo, ya I’ve been in a 3-pack all week! Its actually been pretty fun, I mean Elder Caruso is super cool, but our place has been a mess!

So now all of a sudden we have to go to all of Elder Caruso’s teaching appointments, which I mean was fine for the most part, we even got to teach one of his investigators who got baptized yesterday, so I mean like technically I could like chalk that one up for me as well. ha-ha. 
 Also with Elder Caruso's people, there was this one guy who got baptized like a couple weeks ago, and he had been dating this lady in the ward. Alrighty, so here comes the weird part. They’ve basically been dating for like a month, and then all of a sudden they were engaged, and they wanted Elder Rayburn to be a witness at the marriage! Soooo, ya we held a wedding in Elder Rayburn’s hospital room.
I gave Elder Rayburn the extra tie in my backpack and he wore it over his hospital gown laying in his bed during this whole thing.
So then it was Sunday, and we have two different church buildings and wards to be at, at the same time! Not to mention that the baptism that morning was at the same time as our ward council. So we went on like a million different splits to get all of these things done; we were running around all over the place trying to be everywhere at once, which couldn't happen. But we did it!
Then after dinner we went over to see Elder Rayburn real quick, and he was looking a ton better, said he felt pretty good too, I guess some of the new medicine they had tried on him worked. 
Then randomly this morning we get a call from the hospital and it was Elder Rayburn saying he’s getting released in an hour and a half.
So, hopefully your week hasn't been quite the craziness that it has been here, but I wish ya the best none the less!
Have a great one this week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment