Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Slightly Frustrated

This week has been quite a ride, but I was thinking that I would get the small bad, or unfortunate, news out first. However, it comes in the story form like always so bear with me. So, first off... I don't know if people knew this already, but John Schmidt’s son, Elder Schmidt, is a missionary in this mission. Second, John Schmidt himself had 2 sold out concerts this weekend in Seattle; and since he’s a bro, he offered to our Mission Pres to hold a fireside with our mission. Our President agreed, and told us about this fireside on the basis that we had to bring an investigator or less active member; and you had to get a ride, we couldn't drive the cars out of area. So of course I’m like inviting the whole world right?! But it was Memorial Day weekend and so many people could not make it. But we were able to get Pablo and Chica (Chica is our investigator, and Pablo has been excommunicated) to come, but they only had room for us in their car with them. So then we continue to try and find people to come, and the other Spanish Elders in our stake were finding a couple people too.  Their investigator didn't want to ride alone, so all said n done some changes were made and those Elders and Pablo and Chica were all riding with Carlos. Then on top of that, the other people that we thought were going to come with us, bailed on us. So basically what I’m saying is, my companion and I did not go to this sweet fireside. You could say I was slightly frustrated.


Elder Phillips
 

No comments:

Post a Comment