Monday, July 8, 2013

I loved this week, so great! I apologize for last weeks hurry, that I was in. its because, as seen in some of the pictures that I sent mom... WE WENT MTN BIKING!!! ah man it was so much fun. I mean of course I would have had so much more fun if I wasn't a missionary ha-ha, since there was a couple of things that looked awesome, and not that difficult, but of course, I mean like I can't do it, I like being a missionary too much ha-ha. we went to galbrith mtn, and it has a hug complex of trails, and the one we did was sweet. unfortunately, because we had been running around all morning trying to get other stuff done, we didn't eat any lunch. well, I threw a ramen in the microwave in passing while running to and from, but elder Fiala didn't eat. and all he had for breakfast was like a banana and some toast. so then when we actually went, in the heat, he sort of got wasted really quick and started having some energy/headache/dizziness issues. so it made things really slow, and we didn't get back on time :P but we should have been more prepared.

also like in some of the pictures I sent, we have been helping a member build a boat for some service, its pretty fun, but I don't know how it will turn out, its kind of iffy.

this last weekend though, was a total smack down of awesome. so I told you already about Maria ( who is from Cuba), who came to church last week. well we had another lesson with her and her boyfriend. and she had talked up church so much, and loved it so much, that martin wanted to come this time too! martin, her boyfriend, was raised JW and came to almost all of the first 2 hours of church! so when we were talking in that lesson, she had in line to go to church with her boyfriend, son, friend (April, the reason we found Maria), and another friend she was just inviting! it was like the best member missionary work I’ve ever seen, except she's not a member! hop on that all you folks back home! so she invited all of those people, but only her and her boyfriend came, but hey still way good. and then she even invited us and a member family over to her place for dinner that night! and in the lesson that we had after dinner, she says she thinks she wants to quedar aqui, stay here (in this church)!

another awesome happening from church yesterday, is that when we were waiting for Maria and martin in the English sacrament meeting (because martin doesn't speak Spanish) we saw a family that we haven't seen before, and they looked Hispanic. so we sat behind them, and then after the meeting talked to them, found out they are both active members, he is from Honduras and she is from Mexico. and they just moved into the Bellingham 1st boundaries (which the Spanish group is attached to) not even knowing anything about the group. but they followed us into the Spanish Sunday school anyway, had really good fellowship there. so hopefully they choose to be a part of the Spanish group, because if they did, then we would be one more family, and one more priesthood holder away from making a branch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which will be so awesome!!! so basically, things are getting exciting. of course, transfers are next week, and I might cry if I get moved right at the brink of some success again. I don't think I will, but I didn't think that last time either and it happened anyway. plus, our new mission president is here ( president and sister Bonham, they are boss!) did I mention that we got to meet them? anyway, now you know, and you should look him up, he has quite the history, quite the resume as well.

anyway, got to go. love you all, wish you the best always!

Love Elder Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment