Monday, June 17, 2013

Dear Everybody!

I’ll be honest, this last week has been pretty smackin slow. I don't know if I’ve already mentioned about our small little Spanish group or not, but since were so small, none of them could come out with us this week and have member present lessons. That and with the final push before the real start of summer out here, its like no one could see us because all the smackin Hispanics we visit usually work anywhere between 50 and 80 hours a week! Ya that’s right, I said 80. It honestly felt, like nobody was home this week. made our numbers look kind of crappy. Oh well, we set up this next week really good.

As for my B-day! I think thanks is in order for practically the entire world! Thanks you guys so much! Saturday night we celebrated our birthdays which was really fun. We both had presents too! So it wasn't like just someone chilling waiting for the other to open presents ha-ha. On Elder Filia’s birthday on Saturday the zone leaders took us to get some ice cream at cold stone, I love ice cream, and then also we had a dinner with a member, SO GOOD! Then we opened presents that night, had a blast. then on Sunday, we had a great time at church, which included a shout out from the pulpit to us as well as a ton of extra chocolate that they didn't give to the fathers ha-ha( HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!) eh yesterday ha-ha and I got to play the piano for sacrament as a last minute sub because some people couldn't make it. Lets just say I need to toss some WD40 in my finger joints or something, cuz that was scarier than I remember ha-ha. Then after church we ate some cake and ice cream that the Spanish group had brought/made for us and then after that we left to go see some people, which was probably one of the best parts of the day! Because we were finally able to get in with this guy who we’ve been trying to see for the last like 3 months! He’s so hard to get in with though because he gets up at 4:30 to go to work. Gets home at 5 in the evening, then showers and takes off for school that starts at 6. Reasonably when he gets home he eats and then passes out on the bed and he works 7 days a week! So really hard to get in with is what I’m saying here. But we found him outside grilling with his son (a recent convert 12 yrs old) so we had a great lesson where we could feel the guidance of the spirit. Wonderful! I hope with summer coming up and him out of school, things start rolling. Anyway after that we had another member dinner on my birthday, super yummy as well. So I guess even though this week didn't turn out like we had wanted it to, we really did end it this weekend with quite the bang ha-ha.

So how was everybody’s fathers day? Anything exciting going on? Well, hopefully it sparks the beginning of a fantastic week for you guys. Love you so much and always wish the best for you!

Love Elder Phillips



No comments:

Post a Comment