Thursday, September 12, 2013

9-19-2013

WOW! Oh boy do I have some news for you! Unless of course Sister Cahill already knew and gave a spoiler to you all. But anyway, my companion, Elder Julius, had a small twist come up into his schedule. This Wednesday has been his planned day for knee surgery for a few weeks since he tore his meniscus. The curveball coming our way, is that we got a call from president asking to speak with him. When he came back into the room of me and the other Spanish missionaries this is what he tossed us. President just said that I am not actually having surgery on Wednesday, I’m going home to get it done. WHAT! You can imagine our response. So then we proceed with the other questions like… Well, where in the heck am I going?! Are us three just going to 3 pack here in Monroe and cover a giant area? Is someone coming back out of being an English missionary? Answer: President said that he had accepted a while ago another Spanish missionary into our mission. So Elder Phillips, you will stay here in Monroe as before, and your new companion will be coming from the Missionary Training Center...
HOLY! Didn't see that one coming. ITS A BOY! IM GOING TO BE A DAD! ha-ha super weird. apparently sometime around this coming weekend my companion will be leaving, and then Saturday I think I will be getting a new missionary. What happens in the down time or the overlap I have no idea.
So as you can see, it turns out that just because transfers aren't here yet, doesn’t mean things aren’t going to switch up on ya. Its only half way through the transfer, but we have an extreme makeover going on. Here goes nothing.
Other than that, the actual happenings of last week were in all honesty pretty bleak. Not much going on, no body wanting to talk to us "muy ocupado", whatever, and a few fairly solid investigators now a bit less solid.
Anyway, there’s my week in a nutshell. Be sure to tell Logan how much I love him and how sweet its going to be when he joins me out here, He's a boss!
Congrats on the soccer so far boys, keep it up, make me proud. Don’t be bums when it comes to school, just don't be bums, nobody like that ha-ha.

love and squeeze
Elder Phillips

                                        Elder Julius and Elder Phillips- Monroe Washington

2 comments:

  1. I love his enthusiasm! This letter cracked me up... I'm so glad you are able to post all of his emails and pics here!

    ReplyDelete