Sorry no pictures again this week, Elder Phillips seems to have lost his camera battery charger. So dead battery means no pictures for you or I. Hope he finds it soon.
So there has been a few interesting things going on this last week, with a crazy day today because transfers are tomorrow to top it off. Not the smallest of events was my companion finishing his mission. We had lots of people to see before he headed out so we had some fun there. Also an event not so small was a baptism the sisters in our branch had! A family of four was baptized after church yesterday. the elders from Bellingham were able to come too because Elder Wagner is going home with my companion Elder Johnstun, so now i'm here with Elder Coles in Mount Vernon, but he is getting transferred so we have to go back up there to Bellingham to get all that stuff done up there jaja. That will be fun.
I was thinking about the things that I could share, and I was also thinking about the things that I learned from the two great missionaries that just left. I realized the difference maker has been love every time.
ANYWAY! I'm starting to get a deeper understanding to the great importance of love, especially in missionary work. but one of the things that I was thinking about is how important it is to show that love, to reach out, and to be consistent about it so that afterward you don't come off as fake to other people. Basically, we just need to become more loving people. It was impressive to me to see Elder Wagner’s love for those that he knew in the branch that I am in right now, and how much the members loved him back.
The other thing I have been thinking about is how much our choices mean. When it boils down to it, how few choices we have. We made a choice to come to this earth, and we told our Heavenly Father that we would keep his commandments. So now we are here, and we have the choice to do what is wrong, and lose our ability to make the choice, or we have the ability to choose what is right, and give our agency to God. So really either way the choice means a whole lot! We either give our choices to God or we lose the ability to make them. Now there's lots of food for thought.
Its funny because this last week we worked really hard, but we didn't see very much happening as far as lessons and new people to teach and numbers stuff. However, its weird the satisfaction that comes from being diligent. I mean on paper we didn't have that great of a week, but it has been awesome!
Uh oh 3,2,1 got to go! Love you!
Elder Phillips
No comments:
Post a Comment