Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Champion Studies this week

Dear family! 3-17-2014

We have had quite a good week so far. My companion is bouncing next Sunday! So we have been doing WORK! Lots of fun, but we got to go to the Arlington stake center for him to get interviewed for an hour. I don't know what i’m going to do with myself. Oh well.

This last week started out a little bit slow. TONS of people falling through on our appointments and stuff but we have continued to find more. We came into contact with an awesome family, Lupita and Sergio, and they happened to be friends with a family that just moved out of the branch to Mill Creek, and they wanted to know why she couldn't go to her wedding or whatever. They are great and I was so excited to teach them again, but when we got there they had left a note on the door saying "sorry guys my husband got stuck at work so I had to go to Seattle to pick him up. Give us your number and we'll call you" we haven't got anything from them yet, but I think they'll call, not to mention we pass by there a lot. I wish the adversary would just back off, bit of a nuisance I’d say.

So I have had some champion studies this week. I decided one morning that I was going to pound down Jacob 5 and GET IT! I did. It's amazing how many promises and blessings come to those who serve in the Lord's vineyard. and the other thing I love is "and the Lord worked with them". It's His work so what the worry! He's here working with us. I also had the question as to why the Lord sent an angel to tell Alma to go back to the city. AN ANGEL! I mean there's got to be something important back there, that's quite the message, can't question what God's will is. We shall see what we find out.

We have been trying to work really closely with our new branch mission leader Rick Reed. I have learned that there is so much possible in this life than most people think. We are so much more capable than we can imagine. Sometimes we feel like we are being ground to dust and we just can't go anymore and then we just do. Nobody really knows how. I testify that God knows our limits, and that he has PROMISED us that he WILL NOT give us more than we can handle. There's some amazing videos by Elder Christensen on LDS.org "daily bread" that describe a lot of the "how" it can be possible to face and ultimately overcome the trials that we are given, and how it is possible. I can imagine the Father speaking with us before sending us to this world saying "i'm sending you into a train wreck and I need you to fix it. You're the one I know can do this, can set things right. I love you so much. Good luck, I’ll see you in a while. Don't forget to call." I know that with His help we can do this. Many were called, but few were chosen for right now. It's tough, but we got this. I mean heck, we already know what team is going to win. What jersey are we wearing?

Love you all and have a great week!

Elder Phillips

Everett Washington Spanish Speaking Missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment