Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Holy smokes what a crazy week! I know that gets said all the time, but still! So last Monday, right after I got done writing my last letter. We went to play basketball with the YSA ward and the zone leaders. Did that for like an hour. Then we stayed there because it was district p day and we were going to make some home made ice cream. While it was going we were playing volleyball, but just like at home it wasn't working so well with the ice cream. So we left it in there for like another 2 hours as we continued to play volleyball, basketball and Frisbee. Then when we got home after eating that slushee, we basically passed out on the bed, and woke up 15 min before we had an appointment. We got dressed really fast and booked it over there. they flaked us, so we did some work in the area for like an hour. THEN! We went over to the church where the Spanish group was having an activity. So basically what I’m saying is we went over there and played soccer with them and the non members they brought. SO MUCH FUN!!!! For 2 HOURS. It was so much stinking fun, but my legs have seen better days fitness wise, and I couldn't really even walk once we stopped playing. ha-ha and not to mention my companion, who hasn't had a lifetime of soccer to give his legs any preparation! Lets just say the next morning we didn't go to the gym ha-ha and we might have looked more or less like penguins walking around. Heck we were so sore!

We also had a lesson with Moises this last week and we brought Bro Chavez with us; it was really, really crazy. So Moises brought up a couple concerns with the Book of Mormon, and also about Eternal Marriage ( because of what it says in Matt 22 I think about the lady and the 7 brothers) but then he wouldn't let us build the foundation to give him a straight answer, and every time we said anything about the BOM he would say “well I can't just choose that over the Bible,” were like you don't have to, they compliment each other, then he would say “no they don't, if they did then they would agree on eternal marriage“. So frustrating, and since we had Bro Chavez there, he has been on a mission as well and knows the scriptures like crazy, he and Moises were just like flying in espanon and the scriptures like crazy and I couldn't barely even keep up in the conversation, let alone know where their references were coming from, or add any comments. I felt really dumb after that lesson because I basically just sat there the whole time while these two were going at it, and in the end we didn't even get anywhere, so annoying.

Saturday we went out into the farmland of Custer on a couple referrals and it was crazy how nice those people were! It’s like they hadn't already been talked to by a million Spanish Missionaries before (like some of the other places here) and they were way chill, pretty nice for a change.


Letters from my friends at Desert Hills High School
In St. George.  Love You Guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment