Querido Familia! 8-5-2013
Buenos dais de Monroe Washington! Holy smokes things out here have been a bit crazy and jumbled and slow at the same time. With all the new missionaries and such there’s been a few crazy things happening in our mission. Such as people being asked a lot of them. Like I know I’m a DL right now, which isn't that bad, I really like it, but I also just got word that Elder Bolander, my MTC comp, who got transferred into the Seattle mission, just got called to go district leader whitewash training! Super stoked for him since that’s CRAZY! but hey, got to do whatcha got to do.
Unfortunately this last week our investigator Isamar took herself off date :( but we have set with her this week choosing a new one. Still kind of a bummer though. We also had to drop a lot of people this last week, because they were never home and when they were they didn't have time to talk/didn't want to, and when we did all they wanted to do was argue anyway.
But since we dropped them, and even a little bit before, our pool is getting a bit dry here and for us tracting is like wasting time; that makes you feel like you still did something. Because we can knock whole neighborhoods and not find any Spanish. So basically we turned to members as of recently and started grilling them for their Spanish friends ha-ha or not so much friends. It’s been a little bit awkward going over to the English members homes too though. We’re like uhhh, we want your Hispanic friends. We don't know any. ahhh darn it. well......
We get a lot more dinners here in Monroe though, that much I like for sure, and really likes my tortilla ring sitting on the top of my belt too.
I’m sure Krista will be delighted to know that we got some wicked wolf spiders in the chimney behind the bookshelf. the mama is definitely a good 2 1/2 inches in diameter. it took head on the spider and bug spray seven times. Didn't kill it. I know there’s way bigger ones else where in the world, but that doesn't make this one not freaky.
I got really scared this last week that summer had ended, because we had like 3 days straight of no sunshine, just rain. Really gloomy. I hear it did a little bit of that in Utah right?
Yesterday being fast Sunday, we had our fast going on, and Elder Shaver took his migraine pills and it just wrecked him! So he was out all morning and just had to take lunch and a nap. But then once he was good we went over to the church at 2, and had like the greatest meetings ever! We had 2 less actives there for the first time since I’ve been here and we had a spiritual high going on as we had 3 different brothers crying between priesthood and testimony meeting. So sweet! Definitely the best church meeting I’ve been to while here in Monroe super sweet.
Love Elder Phillips
No comments:
Post a Comment